Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Approaching Confidently

If you don't know what you're doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You'll get his help, and won't be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. People who "worry their prayers" are like wind-whipped waves. Don't think you're going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open. James 1:5-8 MSG

As often as I run to God for help, I don't think I've ever really considered that He loves to help. I think my only thought is that He is the only one who can help me all the time. And I don't ever have the fear that He's going to take one look at me and tell me "That's a stupid thing to ask for help from Me."

I repeatedly have the fear that I'll ask a stupid question. I've had it drilled it into me that there aren't really any stupid questions, but how often do you feel like you're being laughed at when you ask a question? I think we all have the subconscious thought that we might get laughed at, outright or inside the responder's mind. Without questions, how do we learn? But with God, I know I won't get scoffed at, I'll get a straight answer.


I might not get the help I was thinking I needed. I might not get the whole picture right now, but God's got my best interests in mind. I might not see His help right away, but sometimes it's a gradual process.

I need to remember to ask boldly for things. I think I tend to approach His throne with timidness. He is, after all, the God of the whole universe. And that intimidates me. The God of the universe wants to help little old me. I also need to remember, once I've asked Him for help in a situation, that I need to let go and let Him do His work. I know, as soon as I've asked Him for help, that I take things back and constantly worry about it. Worry chokes you, and chokes that faith that is as small as a mustard seed.

My goal is to learn to approach God's throne with confidence. He's asked us to come to Him. The least I can do is not to be shy about talking with my Father.  

No comments:

Post a Comment