Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Intimacy

I had a late night, and an early morning. I was woken up at a little after 5 by my husband's hurried footsteps and worried voice. He'd fallen asleep in our daughter's room, and she woke up with a bloody nose. I'm sure it is weather related, not to mention the heat being on in our house. But its a scary thing to see blood pouring out of a little child's nose. Especially after all we went through back in July.

When Adriana fell out of our second floor apartment window, I am 100% convinced that God caught her and laid her on the ground. I was told by someone who knew of the accident that that belief is stupid, and that children Adriana's age don't break because "they're pretty much plastic." One of the doctors that saw Adriana told us the same thing. "Toddlers don't break bones, since their bones aren't fully formed yet." I would think that would make it easier to break, and I know of toddlers that have broken bones just falling off of a slide.

So I guess this post is to say that I believe in miracles. I've been told that they don't exist anymore. that God won't perform any miracles simply because people don't believe. But I will put myself in a place to observe and even be a part of a miracle. I've been a part of a miracle ever since Adriana was born. With all the things that went wrong with her delivery, my labor. My life is a miracle. Adriana's life is a miracle. YOUR life is a miracle.

I haven't quite figured out my place in this world. I'm sure everything that has happened in my life, God will use it for something good. He's given me a passion for writing, a passion for encouraging. I lost sight of both of those when I strayed. Sadly, it's too easy to get distracted by everything around us. The hustle and bustle of our daily lives distracts us from focusing on God's truths. It's certainly the case in my life. I can promise to be in the Word daily. Then I fall back because it just gets too busy. Or another reason, for me, is that I think that I have to find something that catches my attention in the Bible. Which is why I love the Message version. I have the Bible on my phone that has a verse of the day. I open it up, read that verse. Sometimes, I'll read the whole chapter. Sometimes, it will only be the first few verses before the verse of the day, or the verses after. But I realized that this is the way I am in the Word daily. I think about that verse throughout the day, and then move on to the next day.

Today's verses were 1 John 2:4-6 (MSG) If someone claims, "I know him well!" but doesn't keep his commandments, he's obviously a liar. His life doesn't match his words. But the one who keeps God's word is the person in whom we see God's mature love. This is the only way to be sure we're in God. Anyone who claims to be intimate with God ought to live the same kind of life Jesus lived. I want to be in God. I want to be known for being intimate with God, to be so in love with God that there is no doubt. That is the kind of person I long to be, and the person I want my daughter saying I am. Slowly, with God's help, I want to attain that every day  till the day I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment