Tuesday, February 9, 2016

2.9.16

God means what he says. What he says goes. His powerful word is sharp as a surgeon's scalpel, cutting through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying us open to listen and obey. Nothing and no one is impervious to God's Word. We can't get away from it-no matter what. Hebrews 4:12-13 MSG

I must be honest. I've been so distracted the last several days, getting ready for a little trip that I haven't focused on God and His Word very much. Hence the late post. I'm currently struggling to even find words to say. I've been worried and stressed about so much that I forget who is in charge of my life. I forget that I need to tell myself daily to let go and let God. I get distracted. I get overwhelmed. I remember that I'm human.

Thankfully, I also have God's Word to keep me in line. And if not for that, I'd be worse off. I'd take wrong turns. I'd make wrong decisions. I wouldn't have God's Word to measure things up against.

Hebrews 4:12 has always been among my favorite verses. Knowing that God's Word can be as sharp as a sword, to be use as a tool against the evil things of this world, is comforting.

Unlike the saying, "Do as I say, and not as I do." God commands us to do what He says, and He does it as well. So thankful for such a perfect Example...

No comments:

Post a Comment